Saturday, January 3, 2009

Exhibition Reception at Dakshinachitra

I had the opening of the show of Hanuman and myself and the student work at 11:00 today, very well attended and I was particularly delighted by the attendance of Adam Grotsky and his wife, the new head of the Fulbright in Delhi. There was the usual lighting of the lamp to innagurate the show, then tea followed by a talk I gave on American artists who are inpsired by India. Dakshinchiatra is a class act, they really worked hard for the show nad there wree two articles one in the times of India, under Hot picks of the Week. I'll see if I can put some photos up. Tomorrow I leave for the temple town of Kanchipuram, a 2 hour bus ride, but Deborah Thiagarajen's secretary (Deboran is the American woman who is the head of Dakshinachitra) arranged for me to be met by a man named Ashoka who runs a heritige hotel, so nice to have that all arranged for me. They really take care of their visitors. After trying to phone Sri Lanka for many days, I finally seemed to have broken through the varous country, city, codes, 0 or no 0, and reserved what sounds like a swell room with balcony overlooking a lake in Kandy, where the temple of the Buddha's tooth is, up in the mountains. I'm excited to explore new territory! I've only been gone three weeks, but it feels so much longer and I'm feeling a bit exhausted, India will definately do that for you, but there is so much to see and one does not just want to sit around, so I keep going.

Unfortunately I cant post any photos of the opening because I took them on the wrong setting and have to have the special photoshop program to open them, too bad!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment